Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FIFA Interactive World Champion 2010 interview

Following his epic win in Barcelona which saw him emerge as the top virtual footballer in the world, Nenad Stojkovic chats to eu.playstation.com.

What does today mean to you?
Today means that I am the best in the world. I beat the best here, I beat the top 32 players in the world.

Why is that important to you?
It's important because you put in so much time and effort and you try to be the best in whatever you do and to actually say that you're the best at what you do is such an accomplishment, you can't beat that feeling.

How were you feeling during the final game?
At that moment [when I missed a chance near the end of the game], I was just concentrating. I had a chance, I should have put it away but I mean you just got to concentrate, you got to keep going. You can't worry about the past because you can't change the past. So you have to look on and you have to concentrate. I think that's what helped me overcome him [when] he was putting so much pressure on me at the end. My defence won it for me, that's what I concentrated on all day and it was good enough to win it all.

Altundag was a tough opponent because you faced him in the group stages and it was 2-2 and then you played him again in the final.
It was surprising because I've played him before this and I thought he was a good player but there are so many other good players that you never think that they could go through. He made the final beating everyone by a good score, 5-1 and 4-1, so [having drawn 2-2 previously] I was confident I could beat him in this game. I felt like I controlled the game the whole way, I kept possession most of the time because I knew that’s the way to beat him, you got to keep possession and that’s what I did and it was good enough to overcome him.

What are you going to do with the prize money?
I never really thought I had a chance of winning so I told my dad before I came here that I would give it to him. So I gave him my word and I can't really go back on it now.



  • ‘Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam’ Premieres September 3 On Disney Channel
  • Stojkovic crowned FIFA Interactive World Champion 2010
  •