Saturday, July 17, 2010

My 2010 FIFA World Cup with PlayStation

Read the thoughts of Georgios Tourliadis from Greece, winner of eu.playstation.com’s competition to be a flag bearer at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

So, Georgios, how did it feel to be a part of the 2010 FIFA World Cup?
I was so happy to be part of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. I had the opportunity to discover Johannesburg and the Soccer City stadium and to take part in the preparation for the first match of the tournament. I was proud to be an active member of the first FIFA World Cup to be held in Africa, all thanks to PlayStation.

What was the atmosphere like when you walked out onto the pitch with the South African and Mexican teams?
The atmosphere was very happy; people were singing, dancing and really expressing their joy. The fans congregated at the stadium throughout the day, many wearing their team's colours and, of course, with their vuvuzelas too which they blew constantly. It was a real celebration of football. When we walked out onto the pitch, everyone was shouting, singing and clapping; there was a carnival atmosphere.

What was your most memorable moment from the trip?
The most memorable moment was when I walked out onto the pitch before the tournament’s opening game. Then I understood what it means to take part in the FIFA World Cup. The 97,000 fans chanted, sang, waved their flags and blew their vuvuzelas. My heart was racing, I felt excited and happy, though at the same time I was concentrating and being careful not to make any mistakes. When I was in the stadium and looking at all these people in the stands, I couldn't believe it was really happening to me and kept having to remind myself that it was not a dream. Thank you PlayStation for the trip and for an experience that I will never forget.

Keep an eye on eu.playstation.com/competitions for more chances to win unique prizes with PlayStation.



‘Twilight’ Author Stephenie Meyer ‘Very Happy’ With ‘Eclipse’ FilmA history of virtual football