Thursday, April 8, 2010

Obsession Confessions: God of War

The PlayStation community recounts the best boss battles from the epic God of War series.

For this edition of Obsession Confessions, the PlayStation community flexed mind and muscle to draw on the finest boss battle moments from Kratos' vengeance fuelled quest against the gods. Check out the best brawls below in order of popularity along with quotes from the official PlayStation Forums.

1. Kronos

"I have to choose Kronos because fighting against a monster that is 100 times bigger than you is just unreal and a great gaming moment - and this game series has had a lot of memorable moments. When you're battling against him you're thinking to yourself ‘Wow, how am I going to kill that?' If one person can beat him Kratos can." (Crimson_Bullet , United Kingdom)

2. Zeus

"I think Zeus is the coolest because he is a live wire." (dgtell, Germany)

3. Poseidon

"Without a doubt, the most beautiful god of the game. We can easily identify the artistic touch of Santa Monica Studio! He is also for me the hardest god to defeat in Titan mode. This god sums up the game: Magnificent, impressive and terrifying." (SWEETdu93, France)

4. Ares

"Obviously Ares, because he was one of the most difficult but also one of the best boss fights in a videogame at the time. I can still remember the many attempts I made to defeat him. Just when you think you've almost beaten him, he'll have a bit more life and you'll have to continue the monstrously difficult fight. But when the moment arrives - when you've actually defeated him and can call yourself the God of War - that was beautiful. The satisfaction it gave me was paralyzing. The route to the throne was so beautiful it hurt your eyes. In any case, what I saw made sure I won't ever forget it and left a lasting impression." (Madmaxx, Netherlands)

5. Pandora's Guardian

"It was a hard bone to chew! But it was one of the tastiest." (fiscus, Portugal)

6. Cerberus

"My favorite baddy is Cerberus because whenever I see him I can imagine how it would be if I had a dog with three heads, and I always laugh. I come home after work, go into the flat and there waits three slobbering faces wanting to greet me and give me a kiss. Or when I am sitting on my armchair and three dogs' faces are fighting between themselves, because each one wants to be stroked behind the ears." (artur1982, Poland)

7. Colossus of Rhodes

"Despite the fact it wasn't very hard to defeat him, it was incredible how he takes over from the Hydra in God of War, and it was an awesome beginning for God of War II." (Sbiky, Spain)

8. Charon

"Charon is the very embodiment of fear and death and his almighty power is incredible. Even Kratos struggles to beat him in one of the battles, hence him been thrown into the River Styx. If you meet him in the dark, remember that there is no turning back, for pain and suffering forever engulfs you." (B1o_021093, Russia)

9. Chimera

"Three different baddies put together as one, and each has its own way of fighting!" (Spurvugle, Norway)

10. Cyclops

"My favourite baddie is Cyclops! The reason why is because he is fat, dumb, stupid and ugly, how bad could you possibly get?" (dylanireland, Ireland)

Thanks to all those who got involved and contributed via the official PlayStation Forums at community.eu.playstation.com. Check back for more Obsession Confessions, very soon.



Obsession Confessions: God of WarSteve Carell, Tina Fey Ponder Getting Busy At ‘Date Night’ Premiere