Saturday, January 9, 2010

Coming in 2010 on PlayStation

Discover the titles and innovations on PlayStation that game industry figures are looking forward to in 2010.

"2010 will continue to see great innovations from PlayStation, and a highlight will be the launch of the Motion Controller [working title] for PlayStation 3. With the never before available, super accurate 3D spatial recognition of the controller, coupled with the use of camera features such as video and audio input, the Motion Controller will provide intuitive, quick fun as well as a deeper experience for both casual and experienced gamers. 2010 will also see more big title launch from WWS, starting with MAG from online shooter veteran Zipper Interactive, God of War III and Gran Turismo 5. ModNation Racers will bring a full Create, Play, Share experience to the kart racing genre; it is another family fun favourite waiting to be born."
Shuhei Yoshida, President, SCEE Worldwide Studios

"Obviously God of War III. The previous incarnations blew me away with their high impact visceral combat, towering enemies and imaginative level design. I'm certain this instalment will deliver the same thrills, but will take it to the next level."
Paul Rustchynsky, Lead Designer, Evolution Studios

"2010 promises to be a year of back-to-back AAA releases on PS3. PlayStation Home provides perhaps the most compelling proposition for new entrants to the platform, prompted by the new model and the price drop, who will discover a social and immersive environment that is unique to PS3 and a welcome alternative to the core gaming experience. SEGA intend to engage and amaze Home residents throughout the course of 2010."
Mike Hayes, Managing Director, SEGA Europe

"Can I pick three? I'm excited by Final Fantasy XIII - I've fallen out with JRPGs in recent years, but if any game can pull me back in, it'll be this. I'm also a big God of War fan, so I'm obviously looking forward to the third in the series. Having said all that, the game I'm most looking forward to would have to be The Last Guardian. Nobody makes games like Fumito Ueda, and this looks to be no exception. I'm utterly convinced it'll end in tragedy, but then I guess that's always been part of his games' charm."
Simon Barlow, Design Manager/Assistant Game Director, Evolution Studios

"I’m looking forward to more Honeyslug games on PlayStation platforms in 2010! And, like the two previous Team Ico games, The Last Guardian will almost certainly be one of my games of the year."
Ricky Haggett, Designer and CEO, Honeyslug

"I'm a big believer that, over the coming years, games will increasingly grow in sophistication and popularity, eventually eclipsing movies and TV. As a result I'm really looking forward to Heavy Rain. I've been lucky enough to get a preview and it will definitely be one of those titles that advances our cause, making videogames as a whole a more mature, deep and moving art form. Then I'm going to embark on some serious neck snapping with Kratos."
Matt Southern, Game Director, Evolution Studios

"No question - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 on the PlayStation 3. Given the depth of the platform with the game we're building, it's going to be an awesome experience. I'm also really interested in seeing what publishers develop with Sony's new wand technology. It will make for some exciting gameplay."
Darrell Rodriguez, President, LucasArts

"Very few attempts to re-imagine that classic Thrust gameplay have worked, but I'm pretty excited to see how Gravity Crash weighs up. It looks awesome and appeals to the part of me that wishes I was still a kid shovelling coins into arcade machines in Southport."
Mark Inman, COO, Honeyslug

"For next year, I am really excited about some of the new features we are releasing for SingStar. I wish I could talk about them now, but suffice to say, they will be pushing the PS3 SingStar technology and community significantly."
Dave Ranyard, Senior Manager, SCE London Studio

"MGS Peace Walker - we like the MGS games, especially Ac!d, and DC Universe Online looks fun - Tomas has secretly always wanted to be Batman, Ana has always wanted to be Storm!"
Ana Kronschnabl, Producer, Fluffy Logic

"Now that external developers have had a while to get to grips with developing for PlayStation Home, I'm really looking forward to seeing how and where they are going to push the Home platform next year. I'm expecting big things from them, and I'm sure they won't disappoint. On the games front I can't wait to get hold of MAG, 256 player battles FTW! Also I loved Fahrenheit [by the same developer Quantic Dream] on PS2 and I think Heavy Rain is going to be great."
David Evans, Senior Programmer, PlayStation Home

"We are really excited about the new minis channel, and we are looking forward to it becoming the premiere venue for top indie developers to share their titles with gamers around the world."
Jamie Gotch, CTO, Subatomic Studios

"I’m looking forward to the next instalment of BF1943, as I loved the first one and spent far too many hours on it. Of course I’m also looking forward to the announcement of whatever ThatGameCompany is working on, and if we are lucky they might release something in 2010 too. It’s going to be an exciting year I think!"
Dylan Cuthbert, President and Managing Director, Q-Games

"Obviously I'm looking forward to seeing God of War III and Gran Turismo 5 really push PlayStation 3 from strength to strength, and all signs suggest they will raise the bar just as their predecessors did on PlayStation 2. Other than that, I'm really excited to see if Final Fantasy XIII can deliver a true next generation experience."
Dan Durnin, Communications Manager, PlayStation Home

"I am looking forward to seeing the nurturing of the PlayStation community around the games and applications where you see your favourite characters making cameo appearances in other titles or even full levels based on the original game. I think that we all have our favourite games and characters so when you get the opportunity to find them in another title, it brings something special to that game and it is a fantastic way of making the PlayStation community feel more connected to each other. There is a lot to offer on the PlayStation platforms providing us with rich entertainment experiences and in many ways, it has the ability to unite different people with different interests and opinions and as such is a social enabler bringing friends together and making new friends with similar interests."
Mark Bunting, Producer PlayTV, SCE Cambridge Studio

"Well, 2010 brings the release of MAG, which is going to wow PlayStation owners. The team at Zipper has really pulled out all the stops to bring a new kind of multiplayer experience to players, and I'm excited to see it on shelves at the beginning of 2010. Beyond that, I'm enjoying the convergence of games and social networking platforms like Twitter, PlayStation Home and Facebook. It creates a much deeper, immersive experience when your favourite games bleed out into your own world in creative and compelling ways, and I'm looking forward to seeing developers take advantage of that even more next year."
Ed Byrne, Creative Director, Zipper Interactive

"Motion Controller and innovative new games on PlayStation 3. I can't wait to be surprised and entertained in new ways."
David Hamblin, Principal Artist, PlayStation Home

"Undoubtedly The Last Guardian. Both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus filled me with unforgettable memories and I am certain Ueda-san and his team will do it all over again. Respect."
Nicolas Doucet, Senior Producer, SCE London Studio (EyePet)

"We've got a great line-up of games to look forward to in 2010 including Heavy Rain, but what's going to be really interesting for me is that we have a new price point, movies, music videos, Blu-ray and PlayStation all in one package and watching how this gives PlayStation 3 more momentum. That will mean that Relentless can entertain users with more stuff like Blue Toad Murder Files!"
Andrew Eades, Executive Director, Relentless Software



PlayStation Network Video Store available in Europe‘Harry Potter’ Star Tom Felton Names His Favorite Franchise Director