Monday, November 23, 2009

Your obsession confessions

Read which games the PlayStation Community has spent countless hours playing and find out what makes them so moreish.

Over at the official PlayStation Forums the community has been discussing which games they just can't stop playing and what it is that gives them such longevity. Here are the top ten time absorbing titles, along with the pick of the quotes from across Europe.

1. LittleBigPlanet

"Firstly, the game is for everyone. Second of all, I have never laughed that much in my entire life and was amazed that the developers gave us a chance to understand what kind of job they are doing during the creation of the levels. The game is a creation that does not have an end!" (resident1977, Poland)

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

"I will be brief. I have just 15 games in my PS3 collection, and my favourite is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I have been playing it for the second week and cannot get enough! No other game has attracted me so much (well, except for the first one of course!)." (RUS_BlueRay, Russia)

3. Grand Theft Auto IV

"I get lost just wandering in the streets, observing all the activity of a virtual metropolis." (Corpocannibal, Portugal)

4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

"The story plot is so involving that it gets you moving." (MadSwitch, Italy)

5. Killzone 2

"The perfect FPS for me, this title is graphically astonishing; it's simply a must have. The gameplay is really well done and the ambience is amazing. Furthermore, the online multiplayer is excellent. A must buy." (MOKOVITA06, France)

6. Fallout 3

"The extension of the game is incredible and there are many different ways to play. In addition, the trophies are a huge challenge." (Vinil_69, Spain)

7. Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

"This is a game for the whole family. It has fantastic graphics, you can play it for ages and when you are in Ratchet and his friends' company, the time really flies." (WhiteWolfDK, Denmark)

8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

"I think I'm in the minority in that I have the most fun playing this game in single player. Albeit short, it's an intense, gripping story with amazing characters and moments that give you an instant adrenaline rush." (TheIronist, United Kingdom)

9. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

"In Oblivion there are no boundaries, except for the limits of your own persistence." (ImperatorA3, Netherlands)

10. Warhawk

"At 9:43 pm I say to myself that I will just play until 10:00 pm. Fifteen minutes later, when I think it is 10:00 pm it is already 00:15 am. Not again! I have to get up early in the morning." (Mindoci, Germany)

Thanks to everyone that participated in the discussion. There will be more Obsession Confessions threads in the coming weeks; in the meantime, join the hundreds of conversations happening right now at the official PlayStation Forums.



PlayStation Essentials – obsession confessions‘New Moon’ Star Ashley Greene Picks Her Favorite Scenes