Sunday, July 19, 2009

Show us your whole world in your hands winners announced

Three talented filmmakers scoop the top prizes in the PSP-3000 short film competition.

We asked you to show us what your whole world in your hands looked like to win yourself a PSP with 20 games and the results were fantastic, showcasing top class filmmaking talent amongst the PlayStation community.

The three winners from the multitude of entries were chosen by British director, Eran Creevy, who's recently released independent film, Shifty, has since gone on to garner five British Independent Film Award nominations. The winners and their short films are:

DrRulez89 Notes of the Strausss Blue Danube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k0j-IQjejo
Eran: This has a great premise, shot selection, effects, choice of score and editing. Very accomplished - the kid's going to go far in filmmaking.

Rasnep My whole world in my hands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwd-iYUdyA
Eran: I got a real sense of who this kid was, what his life was like and the love that exists from his immediate family - his whole world. Not an easy thing to do in such a short amount of time. Well-edited and good choice of music over the top.

Ceeyracatastrophe My whole world in my hand. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOOuIOIyHE0
Eran: This is really simple and slow - I loved the beauty of the idea and how sweet it made me feel inside... a bit like candy floss.

"I really wanted to show something that was special to me, and I heard that the last images that we see when we are dying are important moments in our life. With this base, I collected some of the best moments and the most special people in my life. Then I painted it all in a canvas to hold in my hands," said Rasnep of his winning entry.

DrRulez89's film on the other hand was influenced heavily by his love of cinema and science fiction. "Inspired by science fiction movies like Minority Report, I gave the power of the PSP to my hands. So, my hands were able to read a vinyl record, to play an old film and to take pictures. It's a simple idea that I spent four days shooting, editing and creating the effects."

"I honestly didn't expect to win and when I received the first email I thought I'd had come in as a runner-up," says Ceeyracatastrophe of hearing the news that her entry My Whole World In My Hand had been picked as a winner by Eran too. "I was so ecstatic, and called everyone who was involved, they were all really pleased. It was such a surprise!"

Not only has each winner picked up a PSP and great games, they have also won themselves a coveted work placement for summer 2009 with the director and his studio.

Congratulations to all three and thanks to everyone who took part in the competition.

For more great films and for a look at the winning videos visit www.youtube.com/user/yourwholeworld now.



Transformers Revenge: Of The Fallen interview‘Blair Witch Project’ Cast And Crew Celebrate 10-Year Anniversary